Tuesday, January 24, 2012

whoa nelly!

Maybe time really goes by quicker when you're older. Seems just like yesterday when 2012 started and now we're just a few days away from February. It was the start of the Lunar New Year aka Chinese New Year yesterday so as usual, we were bombarded with forecasts for the year ahead. Being a dog, I'm supposed to not have a good year but meh, I think I will not believe Chinese horoscopes or any horoscope for that matter. I am lucky whatever the stars or feng shui say. Anyway, so far, I've been having an okay start and I am hoping that it'll continue to be this way, if not better.

A lot of reunions with families and friends which I enjoyed tremendously. This reminds me why I like what I am doing. I have my time to myself which means I can go malling, watch movies, have coffee with friends when most people are in their offices. Well, in fairness naman to me, sometimes I start work as soon as I get out of bed (7-ish, the time I wake up every morning whether or not I have something to because I don't want to get used to lazing around and wasting time) and work until everyone's sleeping soundly in their beds. So there, I am thankful for that. Going back... so the luxury of time I have gave me the opportunity to catch-up with my friends and take my relatives and take them mall-hopping. Haha!

GOODIES!!!


All were gifts and pasalubong except the last one which was a rubber stamp of my initial. I am vain that way, hehe.

I think the official start of the year for me is actually February. January kasi, most especially this year because there were a lot of balikbayans, medyo humahangover  pa from the holidays. Starting February, I am officially starting Rex Manning duties and also try to live a healthier lifestyle and ACTUALLY lose that 30 lbs I should've lost 5 years ago. I will jumpstart this with the GM Diet so wish me luck ;)

I actually like it that time flies fast but sometimes, it's just unsettling most especially when you're trying to accomplish things before a deadline. Like my 30 Before 30 List, for example. I haven't actually had time (or diligence) to complete the list, moreso accomplish it. Looks like it'll be a 35 Before 35 list. I just want one for my personal goals and I don't want to stress myself trying to beat the deadline (kasi seven months na lang!) should I go on with the original plan. But whatever, someone told me that I shouldn't be too hard on myself and I think she's right.

My life is status quo in a fast-paced world. I must start doing something about my personal goals already (and believe it or not, the list doesn't include a lovelife... ) or else it'd be harder to catch up. Wish me luck, loves!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails