Thursday, January 26, 2012

RT2012 book 4: catching jordan

When unrequited love is the most 
expensive thing on the menu,
sometimes you settle for the daily special.

I've never finished reading a pdf file book this fast, meaning Catching Jordan was a good read. I am tremendously enjoying these books in the YA category, maybe because they are giving me my dose of kilig. Kunwari cheesy pa, nae-enjoy din naman ;)


The book is about Jordan Woods, the only female member of the Hundred Oaks High football team. Coming from a family who lives and breathes football, she grew up loving the sport and not only as a spectator. She dreams of getting into the University of Alabama to play college football, but it seems that her father does not support her in this endeavor. She enjoys the company of her teammates who not only respect her as their captain but also love and protect her as her friends. Sam Henry is her best friend among all of them.

Jordan and Sam knew each other since they were seven and 10 years after, they still have those sleepovers at Jordan's house only they have to sleep head-to-toe position, as per Jordan's mom's condition. Jordan hated cheerleaders and anything girly for that matter (but most especially cheerleaders because she thinks they're stupid) so this made some assume she's harboring same-sex tendencies. All of that changed when Ty Green shows up in Hundred Oaks. With the looks and body of a demi-god (that's what I imagined him to be), Jordan never felt her knees turn to rubber.

But as soon as she scores the boyfriend of her dreams (or so she thought), she finds out that her bestfriend Henry is in love with her. She, then, realizes that she too is in love with Henry but couldn't just ditch Ty. So here begins her love (Henry vs. Ty) and life (Alabama vs. other options) dilemma.

My thoughts...

  1. What I hate about these love stories is that the protagonist is single for so long and when a prospect comes along, he is NEVER alone. Someone to whom the protagonist's equally attracted to enters the scene. So our protagonist ends up all confused on who to choose. I mean, why can't they come not at the same time? Pwede bang darating na lang si A kung wala na si B? 
  2. Again, only high school kids but they're so promiscuous I am absolutely shocked. And not only that... Sige na, I get it that they'd do the deed but only after they're sure they "love" each other and after like, say, 3 months? But after a few days? Preposterous. Sabagay, in the day and age of one-night-stands I guess this is common. Gahd, I am such a prude. 
Argh! Is it pathetic that I am getting my dose of kilig reading YA books or from teenybopper movies? But I really take pride in the fact that I have never fallen in love bwahahaha! Crushes don't count because they're just that, crushes. Whatever.

Anyway, Chasing Jordan kept my eyes glued on that itty bitty LCD screen of my mobile phone for hours. I kept feeling my stomach is in knots on the kilig parts or as I put it, the I-feel-it-in-my-fingers-I-feel-it-in-my-toes feeling. Ah basta kinikilig ako. I think I am addicted to YA books now and not that that's bad but I should really be reading that marketing book. Hehe. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails