Wednesday, March 23, 2011

14 days and counting

coke and mocha frap- free for 14 days now. have done without my major sugar source but i've been substituting with other sugary food such as camote covered with caramelized sugar, mango/lemon iced tea, and coffee. not really a coffee drinker, especially hot coffee. ask my family and friends, the only coffee i order from starbucks are mocha frap and [just recently] iced caramel macchiato. but there's this 3-in-1 coffee mix from indonesia i like and AC brought some home which made me discover that...

i can't have too much caffeine.

i wonder why every time i eat champorado (homemade, made from fresh tablea or blocks of cocoa powder), i feel my insides tremble. i never really understood why that happens to me every time i eat champorado. until last sunday...

after i drank a cup of the indonesian brand of 3-in-1 coffee, i felt the same trembling of my insides. that was when i made the connection. cocoa and coffee have caffeine. maybe coke and starbucks coffee doesn't have that much caffeine in them cos they don't make me palpitate. so there, bah humbug~

since we're on the topic of penitence and giving up things for lent, i should've included going to the shop every day to my list. i need to be there tomorrow. no more excuses this time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails