Wednesday, August 4, 2010

contentment

"We should all do what, in the long run,
gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes
or sorting the laundry."
- E.B. White

I think I know what I want out of life but I am confused still. Maybe I think I know but in reality, I have no idea. I have dreams of grandeur~ becoming a millionaire in my 30s, being a landlady of leisure and a shopping housewife/entrepreneur. But sometimes, I think I just want to be (still, a shopping) housewife, taking care of family, sorting the laundry while waiting for them to come home. Image of white picket fences come to mind kahit wala naman masyadong ganyan dito sa Pinas, colonial mentality haha.


Call it backwards. Retroactive. I want that life. Of course, I still want that there be maids but I want to be the punong-abala when it comes to my children. I want to see them grow up before my eyes and not miss out on all the important occurrences in their lives. 

And this is assuming I will have my own family in the future. Assuming. Haha.

But then again I WANT TO BE RICH. Not just rich. I want FILTHY RICH.

Tell me I can have BOTH because I WANT BOTH!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails