Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dying of boredom here

Weekends used to rock. Now, I don't know what to make of them. Weekends, most especially Sundays, used to be about Sunday lunch outs and other stuff we do as a family. But now that there are only a few of us left in the house (and no one knows how to drive, psssh!), it has gotten very, very boring.

After Spanish class last Saturday, hurriedly went home for my brother-in-law's birthday lunch. I could have not gone because I was already in Manila and would be watching a concert in MOA in the evening and attending the lunch would require me to go all the way back to Pasig. Anyway, I still went home and attended bro-in-law's birthday lunch. Yummy in my tummy :) Totally made the right decision to go all the way back home (and then go to MOA later).

AC was my "date" for the Changing Lives: Timbaland Shock Value II Tour feat. Jojo and with special guest, Justin Timberlake. Woohoo! Well, woohoo because I love love love Timbaland's collaborations with different artists and my most recent fave is his collab with Katy Perry. But boohoo because AC was such a wet blanket that night, ang KJ! I believe they were experiencing some kind of technical problems that night judging by how late they started and the lull between the opening act and the feature presentation.

I love Timbaland and his music and I felt quite sad for him when the audience weren't responding much to him. Medyo na-obvious niya na hindi siya ang pinunta ng tao. If I were in his place, I'd be annoyed as hell. Parang reporting sa school- it irks you when you've prepared for your report but no one is listening. Kasi naman mga people of the Philippines, sana hindi naman natin binasag ang trip ni Timbaland. When he said, "yeah!," we should have said, "yeah!" Kahit isang libong beses niya ata sinabing 'yun. Kawawa. Performance level pa naman siya. I was a little bit disappointed when Jojo performed only two songs. What a bummer, I tell you. Since JT was the bigger star and he was singing eight songs, I thought Jojo would do more. But NO. She only sang two, TWO! Oh well, hopefully she swings by the country soon. According to Ycel's blog, she'll be back in May. And JT... aah, Justin Timberlake... you're not that guapo pero WAAAH! I'm not much of a fan but I do enjoy his songs and I think he did great up there on stage.

Photobucket
this is how "near" my sister's 6x optical zoom point & shoot got to the stage

I refused to watch the concert via the screen since I came there to watch them perform LIVE! So pinagtiyagaan ko manuod sa ga-langgam na tao sa stage. But still, I enjoyed naman. The night would have been more awesome in the company of un-KJ people and people who would let me eat after the concert (my last meal was lunch) and not give me a sermon about eating McDo at midnight. So dinner was a regular-sized Caffe Latte Zagu. Haynako.

You know I've said time and again that I wouldn't watch a concert if it would be held in, a) MOA grounds, and 2) in any grounds. LOL. I would only watch if it would be held in Araneta Coliseum. Galit pa ako kay Mar Roxas niyan pero I would still patronize that effin' Araneta Coliseum just because I think it still is the perfect location for concerts. I wanna see Britney in concert! Care to donate to my Britney Spears Concert Fund?

So there. That's how I spent my weekend. Sunday pala, just stayed at home and watched TV. Ang pangit ng Party Pilipinas. Crap. I told you it's boring. BORING. Ano kaya gagawin namin this Easter Sunday? I wanna cry.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails