Wednesday, September 16, 2009

GG S03 E01: Reversals of Fortune

After weeks of anticipation, it's finally here. Gossip Girl's new season is finally here and I couldn't be any more excited, I tell ya. I think I just stared at the computer screen for 4 hours while downloading the series. Although I think the new season's first episode wasn't as fantastic as I wanted it to be. Ycel thought otherwise. Anyhoo, that's perfectly fine just as long as they promise to get more bongga as the show progresses. I liked it but I didn't loooooove it. To date, my favorite GG episode is still first season's A Thin Line Between Chuck and Nate. But we have to move on, it's already the third season, people!

Blair
Aaah, Blair. How do I love Blair? Let me count the ways...
  1. Her to-die-for wardrobe (which could get lola-ish at times).
  2. How she always comes up with a witty repartee.
  3. She hates Vanessa and I just love how she attacks and/or taunts her.
Chuck
I was never really fond of this Chuck Bass character because, 1) he is not that cute, and 2) his DOM-ish and promiscuous ways, I think, should actually be a turn-off. And I've never been a fan of the Chuck + Blair pairing but it's something that grows on you. Most especially after Chuck exposed his sensitive side during last season's latter episodes. Who knew Chuck Bass is capable of harboring any kind of emotional attachments to his "conquests?"

Dan
When I watch GG's more recent episodes, I can't bloody believe that I once professed undying love for Dan Humphrey. But when I watch the show's earlier episodes, those episodes when she still was unknown to Serena van der Woodsen, I still crush on that version of Dan. He's just not the same person he used to be. Tsk.. tsk... And he didn't have those annoying long, wavy mop of his back then. But why I do I have this feeling that it was Serena who had this bad influence on him? However, now that Serena and him are finished, romantically-speaking, let's see if he would change. Hopefully, Lizze McGuire would be do him good.

Jenny
I hated Jenny Humphrey during Season 1 and Season 2. What made me think that that would change this season? Nada. Nil. Zilch. She used to be this social climbing b*tch but now that she actually has the money, she'll be a Nouveau Riche B*tch. But now that Penelope and the girls are out of Constance, who's going to make Little (as in emaciated- little) J's life miserable? Because you can't place power into the hands of someone who has gained something that fast! They tend to abuse said power. So NO! to Jenny Humphrey.

Nate
Upper East Side's resident man whore. That's the only thing I can comment about him. And oh, he's also cute and very, very fickle-minded.

Serena
Once a skeeze, always a skeeze. I know, I know, she's got issues and before you tell me that before I judge someone (or some fictional character), I should first put myself in her shoes. But after three seasons and several episodes, I think I know Serena and she IS a skeeze. Honestly, her damsel-in-distress act is getting old.

Vanessa
Ugh.

Going back to last Tuesday's episode~ I expected more from their first episode, but that's just me and my impossible expectations. It wasn't bad naman. It's not great either. Even Blair's outfits weren't that great. And once again, it revolved mainly about Serena and her skeeziness.

Yes, I get it that she wants to get daddy's attention but with what she's doing, if I were her father, I'd be very embarrassed that I have such daughter. Don't you think it's very inconsiderate of her to do all these with her Grandma Cece is almost on the brink of death and her mother in grief because of said scenario?

I have a feeling that it would Carter Baizen who would end up Serena in the end. It's just that they go way back. She was with Carter Baizen in Dubai (S1) and in this season, they were together again. And this time, there were also hints that they were involved in a more-than-business manner, if you know what I mean ;) Although Serena had asked for Carter's help to find his father's whereabouts,

this clearly, this isn't business-related. This scene reminded me of my most favorite scene from last season~
but Blair + Chuck's scene from last season still stumps Serena's.

As I've said, Serena's act is getting old. Stop playing the victim. Stop giving that pout. Ugh, it's annoying. And please, why does she act all righteous and judges Blair when she has done much worse? As if her ways are much better...
Nice. Naghahanap ata ang White Castle ng bagong model...

Though it seems like I hate Serena but really, I don't. The characters I can't stand are Jenny Humphrey and Vanessa Abrams. But in this episode, it's Vanessa that really got my blood boiling. How dare she say that Dan is a sellout. If there's a sellout in this series, it has got to be her.
That shirt. Those short shorts. And those pokpok heels. Aren't you not supposed to wear heels that high when you have on shorts that short? Anyway, my point is Vanessa didn't dress like this back then. She was supposed to be this artsy-fartsy type of girl but all of a sudden, she dresses like one of the sexbombs? It's not Dan's fault that his father had married into a rich family, right? Bitter ng lola mo.

Moving on. New characters will be introduced into the show, which is a good thing. I'm excited for Hilary Duff's character's arrival into the scene. But this Bree Buckley girl, I think I don't like her. I really don't care who Nate dates because Nate never stays in a relationship longer than, say, 2 episodes? Maybe 3 episodes, tops. So that's why she looked familiar, she's that girl from Privileged. Ho-hum.

I'm also excited for Georgina Sparks's comeback. Blair and her are going to be roommates at NYU so that will be fun to watch.

I hope hope hope that next week's episode will be much better. Por favor, no more Serena-centric episodes.

Yipee. Glee tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails