Monday, July 20, 2009

POW: Pig Out Weekend

Technically, the pigging out didn't start over the weekend. I was pigging out even before the weekend started.

After 3 long years, my college block held a mini-reunion with ALI visiting form the States. I thought it would be a big reunion when many said they were going but only a few came. Even I was hesitant to go at first since I'm the only one from my group who is going. But I already confirmed to ALI that I was going and I wanted to see my old friends after all these years.

I went straight to Greenbelt after class as I was already running late. Everyone was scheduled to meet at 11:30am but I already had an inkling that they would start late. I was right. I arrived just in time for lunch. All the chika started pouring out from the moment I sat on my chair. Grabe, chika overload. And mind you, retroactive ang mga chika. I love it! Juicy chismis ito. Since there were a lot of catching up to do and more intrigahan, lunch meeting extended into merienda. I swear we talked about so many things that I can't even remember most of them right now. All I know is I had so much fun although sometimes, I do admit there were also awkward moments when I felt out of place. Well, most of the attendees belonged to the same group back in college so there were times when I felt left out. And if 5 hours weren't enough, we decided to have dinner na rin.

From lunch to merienda to dinner~ 8 hours of reminiscing and chika time with old friends. It's always fun to reminisce about old times, look back and miss how uncomplicated life was back then. I really enjoyed yesterday and I'm glad I went. And I'm glad I showed up dahil ang wala ang pinag-uusapan, haha. Kung hindi ako pumunta, hindi ko nasagap ang mga chismis ;) Buti na lang...

8 hours of non-stop chikahan. 8 hours of non-stop kainan.
At the end of the day, bochog!


Aside from daddy's homecoming, we had some visitors over today. We had lunch at 3pm but I think from that moment on, we were munching til nighttime. Pansit (lomi, bihon and malabon), inihaw na manok, inihaw na bangus, crabs, tilapia, ice cream and choco mocha cake~ I had everything so now I'm so full.

It's so hard to start a diet when there's always an occasion to celebrate and as typical of Filipinos, occasions are often celebrated with lots of food. Argh.

It was a nice weekend, y'all. A Saturday spent reminiscing with classmates and a Sunday spent exchanging stories with the family. How I live for moments like these! Even beats earning 2.500 per hour (not me). I'm sorry if I'm such a shallow girl but I guess life's too short to take things too seriously. I LOVE FOOOOOOOD!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails