Monday, February 11, 2008

Curbing weekend blues

I've been a good guard dog and I've been to my place of business for 4 consecutive days. Things were getting a little disorganized and I feel that I have to grace them with my presence more often. Plus, I have to closely monitor the new competition.

I, naturally, am a tense person and business is not doing me good. I've become more high-strung than ever. Now, I abhor my cellphone and I hate getting text messages and calls. If only I could do without a cellphone...

And now, on to happy stuff...

I'm now in level 18 in my Spanish course. That's nivel avanzado and I can't bloody believe it! Well, I guess my teachers would find it harder to believe when I start to speak in my still very much flawed Spanish. But the good thing is that we have a new teacher- a real teacher! Only he's too stiff and strict and he doesn't smile, not even a smirk. It must have something to do with him being half-German, Nazi-ish. But I'd rather have a teacher like that than a teacher whose chika but doesn't really impart any knowledge. Nazi actually reminds me of Luis but Luis is more chika. Anyway, I am really excited to go to school on Saturday cos it means I'm going to learn something new! weeee...

After Spanish class, Juno and I went to RP to watch 27 Dresses. Ycel confirmed that she was going but then she had to cancel since she has just came home from work at 5am and had to have some shut-eye first. The movie was scheduled at 4 pm so we ate lunch first at Sbarro, where we bumped into Dani. Dani was with a classmate so we didn't really have time to catch up. During lunch, I pestered Juno with my business-related angst. I've never experienced this much pent-up angst, irritation and frustration combined. Before it was just frustration and angst... but now there's irritation and also the urge to kill someone! Arghhhhh!!!

Thank you Juniper for going with me to watch 27 Dresses. Thanks for listening to me rant and fume about the things (and people) that are currently driving me nuts. Thanks for lending me your Shopaholic books. Next time, we decide to watch a movie, 'wag na sa RP. Imagine, paying P130 to watch a movie in a baul-smelling cinema with flat, de-cushioned seats. Not good.



I'm slipping back into my gloomy days and I have to stop myself from doing so. Hence, the happy books. And happy movie.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails