Friday, August 31, 2007

Pick Flick: High School Musical 2

I know I'm way past this age bracket but I just can't help it but be a High School Musical fan. Actually, when the first High School Musical movie was first shown I was totally an anti. I heard their songs on radio stations, music video channels kept on playing it over and over, and people kept on gushing about it. I thought, overrated. Bah!

But when Anne, a classmate from IC who is, by the way, way older than I am, raved about it I gave it a thought and decided to watch it. And from then on I was hooked.

Okay, going back to High School Musical 2...

My expectations weren't really high since sequels are supposed to be inferior to the original. And true enough, it lived up to the tradition. This was more musical than the first and somehow that was what bored the hell out of me. And the songs weren't as good and as fun.

My favorite character is still... Sharpay Evans (Ashley Tisdale) . Haha! Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Hudgens) was a little too sweet that she is starting to get on my nerves with all those giggling. I can just imagine how her script looked like...
Gabriella: *giggles*
Troy: I need a lifeguard!
Gabriella: *giggles* *more giggles*
Troy: Rescue me! Rescue me!
Gabriella: *giggles* *giggles* and more *giggles*
And I really don't get what's the all the fuss about Zac Efron. He's too effeminate. And the way he sways his hips is so gay. Oh, please! Plus, my sister and I already knows what's wrong with him, he doesn't have an upper lip. Well, he does but it's too thin. And also, the quasi-flared nostrils.

I think I'll just watch the first one to erase the bad impressions the sequel made on me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails