Saturday, January 28, 2012

RT 2012 peli: romantic island

I haven't seen a Korean movie for a long time. Kung dati naguumapaw ang aming video library ng Korean movies and series, ngayon mostly US series and movies na naman. Well, that is due to the reason that there aren't that many good dramas and movies nowadays. I miss the old-school movies and dramas and the actors. I MISS WON BIN! Nasaan na nga ba siya?

Anyway, AB recommended that I watch Romantic Island. The movie was shot in the Philippines- in Manila and Boracay. Downloaded it immediately because I can't wait to watch it. Excited much? Well, it's not everyday [nor every year, not even every 5 years] that a foreign film picks the Philippines as their location.


Six people. All have different reason for coming to the Philippines. Jae-hyuk, a rich businessman, because of his father's death; Soo-Jin went to the Philippines to run away from her family (and their financial problems); Jung-hwan, I didn't really get why he went in the first place LOL; Ga-young, a popular popstar in Korean who's suffering from a burnout; and, a middle-aged couple on a leisure trip.

My thoughts...
♥ It was a nice movie albeit with a predictable ending. DUH! It wasn't titled Romantic Island for nothing. But out of three stories, my favorite was the middle-aged couple's. The husband brought her wife to the Philippines, supposedly, to treat his wife to a little R&R. But what the wife didn't know was the husband has brain tumor and during this vacation he planned on taking his life. Having the operation isn't 100% foolproof so he opted to just die because his family will get a huge sum of money if he did. He attempted a number of times, including jumping off a boat with the purpose of drowning himself but the water was only knee-deep and electrocuting himself by dropping a working hair dryer in a water-filled bath tub but the cable was too short.

♥ They showcased the usual touristy places such as Intramuros and Boracay...

which I think really has the best sunsets I've seen.

But what I liked is that even the dingy places in Manila they have somehow made artistic and charming.

I liked the scenery, which I bet is different if you can smell the scent of Manila at the same time. Wow Philippines!

♥ What's with ocho-ocho? Naloka ako I swear! Is that the best we can offer? Oh well, maybe it appealed to their taste, hehe.

♥  There was this one time when he was waving his money openly in the alleys of Manila and someone swiped it off his hands. I guess that will happen in whatever country you're in if you do that. At dapat pala may caveat sa mga turista: nangangain ng tanga ang Maynila. But aside from that, wala naman na. And the money changer who swindled them was Korean... in fairness, hindi Pinoy.

♥ Pero naman why the face of the extras? Napaisip tuloy ako kung madami ngang maganda sa Pilipinas. I swear, the look of poverty! Parang puro mukhang kawawa naman yung mga Pilipino sa pelikulang yun.
sila koya deadma nang tumalon ng bangka ang koreano. parang usual na sa kanila haha
feeling ko hair color lang naman sablay sa kanya
Baka naman nagtitipid na rin at ayaw na mag-hire ng presentable-looking extras. Fine.

It was a good watch. Kinilig talaga ako everytime I hear the word Philippines and Manila.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails