Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pick Flick: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I feel so old. Harry Potter and friends are all grown-up. I feel such a retard. Blech.

I really planned to not watch the movie until I've read the book. But since I was in Megamall the entire day (which is not by choice but by necessity since there's this important document I was waiting for), what better way to kill time than to watch a movie.

Pensamientos sobre la peli:

I am not entirely sure if it has been confirmed that Albus Dumbledore is indeed gay but I read somewhere in the net that J.K. Rowling outed Dumbledore. And so I was a little creeped out by the way Dumbledore held on to Harry during the very first scene of the movie. I do think Dumbledore likes Harry... in that way, if you know what I mean ;) Harry was supposed to meet this waitress after her shift and what does Dumbldore do? He takes Harry on a "mission." During the Horcrux scene in the cave, Dumbledore was supposed to be weak and all but when Harry was dragged underwater by malnourished syokoys, Dumbledore regains strength and saves Harry again. Mess with his boytoy and he'll Stupefy the living daylights out of you.

More evidence that Dumbledore's gay: 1) He knits, and 2) His clothes have sequins on them.

Hermione (Emma Watson) grew up to be a very pretty girl. Wish I could say the same for the boys. Well, it really depends on one's tastes but in my opinion, Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton) all didn't turn out as cute as we would have wanted them to be. They killed off the only male eye candy, Cedric Diggory (Robert Pattinson), which is perfectly fine anyway since he was to be reincarnated into a smexxy immortal.

A friend descibed the movie as gloomy. It is. Add dark and depressing to that.

I never really liked Draco Malfoy but I sort of felt sorry for him in this one. I don't think he's really evil. He's all talk and no bite. Sa Tagalog, puro salita pero walang gawa. I'm not sure if he'll have a change of heart in the last book but I wish he would.

"Oh to be young and to feel love's keen sting..." I enjoyed the kids' little love triangles.

Loved the movie and I am feeling the need to read the book right now. But I know this is not yet Dumbledore's end. Super bitin.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails