Monday, March 30, 2009

Lazy Sunday afternoon


Lazy Sunday afternoon, originally uploaded by Alexander De Block.

I've already previously expressed my love for Sundays. I just want to reiterate how much I love this day out of all the other days of the week. When I was in high school, my favorite was Wednesday. In college, it was Friday. And now it's Sunday because:

♥ There's no pressure

I can always bum around on a Sunday and not feel guilty about it. I can sleep all day long or stay in front of the computer without being reproached either by myself or others. I can watch tv almost all day long starting from (my guilty pleasures) variety shows until showbiz/entertainment talk shows. It's perfectly okay to be doing nothing and just laze around.

♥ Of Sunday Lunch Outs

I'm happy that my mommy made Sunday Lunch Outs imperative. At first, I was hesitant of the idea. I thought it was... hmm, I couldn't think of anything. Maybe I was opposing it just because it's her idea. Anyway, that's a whole new different issue altogether. Back to Sunday Lunch Outs... it's a nice way to spend time with the family. We get to try new things together and have these shared experiences every week. Also, we get to eat good food and there's an excuse to binge (on good food, nonetheless).

♥ I get to dress up

Or down. It would really depend on my mood. But every Sunday, I get to wear dresses and other outfit ideas I see in fashion blogs. I am cooped up inside the house almost everyday, wearing pambahay and if ever I do go to the plaza, it's a bit OA to dress up naman. I can dress up on Saturdays but I commute going to class and I reckon it wouldn't be that comfortable. Plus, dresses does not equal public transport. Plus, it's hot. It's only on Sundays that I get to comfortably sit in the passenger seat.

♥ We're closed on Mondays

I don't have to think of work for one whole day. I don't have to check up on things. I don't have to think that I have to be there even just for an hour or two.

Also, I've assigned every Monday as my No Guilt Junk Food Bingeing Day and Movie Day.

"A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails