Sunday, May 11, 2008

V-Day

Oh wow! I'm so glad I was able to watch Vanessa Carlton's mini-performance at Glorietta today. I'm so so so happy that my sister got me seats to this event.

I arrived at Glorietta an hour and a half earlier than the start of the show. My sister was instructed that I have to be at the entrance by 6:30 pm or else they'll give up our reservations at 6:31 pm. Wish ko lang ginawa man lang 5 minutes ang leeway, diba? Anyway, beggars can't be choosers, right? While waiting for Crissa and 6:30 pm (whichever comes first), I just went around the mall. By 6 pm, I settled into a seat in McDonald's and waited for Crissa. I panicked already when it was 6:15 and Crissa hasn't arrived yet. She must have arrived around 6:20pm. After we finished eating, we hurriedly went into the entrance and hoped that they haven't given our seats to someone else- they didn't :)

Quality's not so good since picture was
taken by my phone's measly 3.0MP camera
and yes, Vanessa's somewhere there

While waiting for the show to start, I asked Crissa if she knew who Vanessa Carlton is. The thing is, aside from that video with the girl and the piano, she doesn't know anything else about her. Poor Vanessa. She wanted to make start anew and do-away with the image of the girl-with-the-piano video. According to her interview with CNN: "That image kind of trumped everything else. It became almost iconic -- the girl and the piano" ... "They don't know who I am, they don't know the song, they don't know any of it. But they know the traveling piano video." But guess what? Crissa is a convert. She now likes Vanessa Carlton and her music.


Nolita Fairytale excerpt

Vanessa Carlton said that she feels at home here since she thinks she looks like most of the people. Ohhh-kay... at saan naman siya nagtatatambay at nasabi niya yun? She even said that she could pass off as a sister of anyone in of the audience. Talaga lang ha? Eh the closest I can think of as who could pass off as her sister is Clara Balaguer, the ex-MYX VJ, whose of Filipino-Spanish descent. So I think Vanessa's just pulling our leg...

She sang all of her hit songs plus songs from her new album. My favorites are Nolita Fairytale and Ordinary Day. I also liked how she interacted with her audience and told the stories behind each song.

After watching Vanessa (first-name basis, close kami eh) perform, I now want to grow my hair long, learn how to play the piano AGAIN and wear dresses (sans boots- I don't think I could pull it off).

After 45-minutes of watching Vanessa Carlton perform LIVE! and recruiting a new fan in the club, I'd say we can call it a day. And my sister can expect a week of Vanessa Carlton songs playing over and over.

PS. I used to hate the name Vanessa but now I oh-so-love it. I even used the name when I ordered my coffee ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails